Tribe Card Game - 1 Set
Tribe is a card game designed to help family and friends have fun and spend quality time together. We created these cards to spark conversations that, perhaps, otherwise would have never come about if we left things to chance.
This has been produced after testing out our idea with thousands of people over the past three years. With these cards we hope that you will be able to unleash the silly, the sentimental, the intellectual, the honest, and the curious within the relationships in your life.
We hope that Tribe will assist you in knowing more about others, as well as to be more known, yourself, by those who care for you the most.
what's in it: 54 full-color cards: 50 tribe cards, 2 prize cards, 2 instruction cards
tribe cards - each card has a prompt from each of these categories:
challenge: prompts that were scientifically crafted to loosen you up.
non-basic basics: twists on inquiries that are seemingly ordinary, but are anything but when you scratch past the surface.
- hypotheticals: these scenarios can lead to different dimensions of understanding that literal situations can't.
- real talk: if this is your Tribe, it’s likely that they want to know the REAL parts of all of you -- not just the stuff that’s easy to talk about. dig deeper with these.
prize cards - each card has prizes for the winner of each round to choose from. the prizes involve getting the rest of the group to complete a dare for the winner. choose the one(s) that work best for the day:
group mode: for all ages 12+
- example prizes: "dance machine" - everyone get up! all must dance their hearts out for one minute to the song of the winner’s choice, "groupies" -everyone chants and cheers the winner’s name for 30 seconds
beverage add-ons: for when you’re celebrating with food + drink (such as wine... or juice)
- example prizes: "arm huggers" - have everyone link arms in a circle as they drink a beverage, "raise a toast" - lead a toast to something you think is great, and clink cups with others as you drink to it
VIP add-ons: for when you’re celebrating someone special (like for a birthday, promotion, or bridal shower)
- example prizes: "like a royal" - coordinate a photo in which everyone is carrying the party’s VIP like royalty, "happy hops" - choose someone to hop like a bunny or dance like a graceful ballerina while sharing three good things about the VIP
- example prizes: "it’s a date" - the winner gets to pick the time and place of the next date, "yee-haw!" - the non-winning player has to give the winner a piggy back or horse ride
how to play:
below is a suggested way to play. after getting the hang of it, you can play Tribe however you’d like. we’ve found that people have gotten quite creative with how they use these cards.
# players: 2-6 duration: 20 minutes+ ages: 12+
objective: get the most points by being voted favorite of each round.
SETUP: select which PRIZE cards you will use for your game. shuffle the deck and deal 2 Tribe cards to each player. pick a scorekeeper who will keep track of points.
ROUND 1: everyone plays a CHALLENGE from their cards. afterwards, vote on favorite challenge execution—the winner gets a point and selects a prize.
ROUND 2: everyone plays a NON-BASIC BASIC from their cards. afterwards, vote on favorite response--winner gets a point and selects a prize.
ROUND 3: everyone reads a HYPOTHETICAL question from their cards, and selects ANOTHER player to answer. afterwards, vote on favorite response--winner gets a point and selects a prize.
ROUND 4: everyone plays a REAL TALK from their cards. afterwards, vote on favorite response--winner gets a point and selects a prize.
who wins: the person with the most points wins and gets to be in the center of a group hug from all other players. make it as warm and tight as possible!
Free standard, 4-5 day US shipping on orders over $60.00.